Kelowna RCMP Community Safety Unit seize illicit drugs, firearms and weapons from drug house in Rutland
2020-02-04 11:47 PST
File # 2020-195
The Kelowna RCMP Community Safety Unit (CSU) seized illicit drugs, firearms and weapons from a residence in the Rutland area of Kelowna.
On January 28, 2020 officers from the Kelowna RCMP Community Safety Unit (CSU) executed a search warrant at a property located in the 600-block of Gerstmar Rd in Kelowna. The warrant was related to an active criminal investigation into suspected drug trafficking in the Rutland area.
During their search of the home, police seized quantities of suspected crystal methamphetamine, as well as firearms and a variety of weapons from inside the residence, states Cst. Solana Paré of the Kelowna RCMP.
The BC Prosecution Service has approved 10 criminal charges against Clayton Wade Zeleniski, a 49-year-old Kelowna man. The charges include:
- One count of Breach of Release Order contrary to Section 145(5)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Five counts of Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose contrary to Section 88(1) of the Criminal Code
- One count of Possession of Firearm without Licence and/or Registration contrary to Section 91(1) of the Criminal Code
- Two counts of Possession of Firearm contrary to Order contrary to section 117.01(1) of the Criminal Code
- One count of Possession of Controlled Substance contrary to Section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
Zeleniski remains in custody at this time to appear in court at a later date.
Cst. Solana ParéMedia Relations Officer
Kelowna Regional Detachment
1190 Richter St, Kelowna, BC V1Y 2K7
- Date modified: