BC RCMP rolling out Online Crime Reporting tool to more communities in 2020
2020-01-21 08:45 PST
The BC RCMP is pleased to announce the success of the Online Crime Reporting tool, which was tested originally in the summer of 2019 and extended to more communities later in the year. The tool allows residents to report non-emergency crimes online, in order for RCMP detachment front line personnel to respond to more serious, urgent crimes.
Residents and business owners from these communities, with a valid email address, are able to use the Online Crime Reporting tool to report a crime that meets the following criteria:
- Your report will not require a follow up by a police officer
- You have no witness nor suspect
- You have lost something that costs less than $5000
- Someone has stolen something from you that costs less than $5000
- Someone has vandalized your property or vehicle and it will cost less than $5000 to repair it
- There are no items involving personal identity, firearms, licence plates or decals
The system is available in both English and French, and is accessible from the detachment website under
Report a Crime.
This year, the tool will be available to more residents across the province. For a list of current BC RCMP detachments offering the Online Crime Reporting tool, please visit the Online Crime Reporting Directory (http://bc.rcmp.ca/report). The list will be updated as new detachments come on board throughout the year 2020.
BC RCMP Communication Services
- Date modified: