Search for Daniel Reoch continues as concern for his wellbeing grows
2020-01-14 14:00 PST
File # 2020-121
On January 7th, 2020, at 4:15 pm Squamish RCMP received a complaint from a family member regarding a wellbeing check on Daniel Reoch. The complainant stated they had not seen Daniel since before Christmas and they were concerned as he was unreachable.
Police conducted several checks to locate Reoch and were unable to locate him and his status was updated to be a Missing Person. Over the past week Squamish RCMP has followed up on multiple leads and have been working alongside: Squamish Nations, Integrated First Nations Unit (IFNU), BC Police Missing Person Centre (BCPMPC), and Squamish Search and Rescue in order to find out any information as to the whereabouts of Daniel. Extensive searches have and are being conducted of the Squamish Valley and Paradise Valley area by police and Squamish SAR.
The last day Daniel was seen was on November 26th, 2019, where a family member stated he was on the porch of their property at 1:00 am in the 6500 block of Squamish Valley Road. His vehicle, a 2004 Black Honda Civic, with BC licence plate JL933R was located by police on November 26th at 2:20 pm when it was reported as abandoned in the area. (*The vehicle has been seized by Squamish RCMP)
A timeline has been completed for sightings of Daniel and his vehicle on the dates of November 25th and November 26th, 2019:
- November 25th at 10:00 am: Daniel had contact with Squamish RCMP where he was taken into custody
- November 25th at 5:00 pm: released from RCMP custody on Finch Drive
- November 25th at 6:00 pm: Daniel was seen on surveillance video at the Tim Horton's on Progress Way
- November 25th at 6:46 pm: Daniel was seen at the Walmart in Squamish
- November 25th at 7:07 pm: Daniel was seen at Tim Horton's on Progress Way
- November 25th at 7:07 pm: Daniel received a ride from a friend at Tim Horton's to the Cheakamus area.
- November 25th at 11:30 pm: Daniel's vehicle was believed to have been seen parked at Lewis Drive and Squamish Valley Road
- November 26th at 1:00 am: Daniel is seen by on the rear deck of a residence in the 6500 block of Squamish Valley Road and he walked off the deck and through a trails that led to Lewis Drive
- November 26th at 2:20 pm: Daniel's vehicle was reported as abandoned to the Squamish RCMP
Description of Daniel Reoch:
- First Nations male
- 29 years old
- 150 lbs
- Short Brown hair
- Brown eyes
- Brown short facial hair (as per picture)
Last seen wearing:
- Black Shoes with white trim around the soles (one shoe black lace (Right)/one shoe white lace (Left))
- Black baggy pants
- Blue/Brown/Tan plaid button up long sleeve shirt
- Blue/Black/Beige button up long sleeve shirt
- Dark Coloured suspenders
At Tim Hortons on November 25th, 2019
Outside Time Hortons on November 25th (showing suspenders)
"Squamish RCMP along with the Sea to Sky General Investigations Unit has been investigating all leads and avenues to locate Daniel and at this stage there is no evidence of foul play" stated Sergeant Jeff Shore. "We are doing all we can to bring Daniel home but each day that passes brings a growing concern for his wellbeing."
Squamish RCMP are working side by side with the Squamish Nations and Deanna Lewis, a family and Squamish Nations Representative wished to release the following statement:
Our Lewis Family, the Squamish Nation and the community as a whole are extremely concerned as to the whereabouts of Daniel Reoch. It is extremely out of character for him not to check in with family, friends, or his children.
Squamish RCMP have contacted the Independent Investigations Office (IIO) due to their interactions with Daniel on November 25th, ensuring a transparent investigation.
Police are asking anyone with information about Daniel Reoch to please come forward to Squamish RCMP, your local Police agency or contact Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
Sgt. Sascha BanksSea to Sky Operations Support NCO i/c
squamish.bc.rcmp.ca (English only)
1000 Finch Drive, Squamish BC V8B 0M5
- Date modified: